Feb 13, 2011

Shower time!

I have been looking forward to this weekend for about a month! The time has come to travel to St Joseph, MO to celebrate Emily McAtee's baby girl coming into this world. A couple of my sorority sisters and I have been planning a baby shower for Saturday. It has been so great planning all the details to make it a special day for Em and her baby girl. We left early Saturday morning for MO. Unfortunately, I caught some bug earlier in the week and I was not feeling the best. I have to say, the minute I stepped into Heidi and Justin's house (where the shower was held) I forgot I was not feeling well. It was just SO great to see old friends and catch up. Sometimes I can't believe that my friends are so accomplished. I have to remind myself that we are grown-ups with jobs, spouses, babies, and student loan debt! I had to stop and laugh at dinner Sat night... I turned to a friend and said... are we really talking about insurance on a Saturday night?!?! Oh, where does life go? I can't say I mind though. I am over the party days and it is very exciting to see these lovely ladies become established in their careers, become wives, and mommies :) I feel proud to be surrounded by such beautiful, accomplished, and caring women. And still proud to be a Gamma Phi Beta where it all started! Love in IIKE to my sisters and best wishes for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment