Dec 8, 2010

Yum yum in my tum!

After a friend asked me for a recipe I made at a get together last spring... I developed a craving. The craving was for this delicious rice, black bean, and corn salad! Ooooo sooo good. I got the recipe originally from my mom-in-law. I thought it would be fun to share because it is a favorite!

This should serve about 4-5 people. You can make larger as needed!
1 cup cold cooked brown rice
1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/3 cup black beans
1/2 red onion. finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
(add avocado and any other veggies that are hanging around for more flavor!)
1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, corn, bell pepper, celery, beans, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, and salt.
3. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat. 
4. Refrigerate, covered, until the flavors are blended, at least one hour.
5. You can eat this recipe as a salad or dip with tortilla chips.

ENJOY! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment